Today’s post is another in the series following a passive investing Meetup group that I organise.
Back in January 2019, I took over the organisation of a Meetup group with more than 350 members.
- You can read more about that process and experience here.
The number of group members continues to drift upwards (we’re at 419 now), but the meetings have been relatively sparsely attended so far (never more than 11 attendees).
London Passive Investing Club
The group is called the London Passive Investing Club. Here’s the description:
This group is for passive DIY investors, and for those who want to become passive DIY investors.
We are primarily concerned with ETF portfolios, but people who use OEICs are also welcome.
Topic we discuss include:
- What is an ETF (exchange traded fund)?
- What’s inside an ETF?
- How do I invest in ETFs?
- What does it cost to invest in ETFs?
- What does a good ETF look like?
- What are the risks of investing in ETFs?
- How can I research ETFs?
- How do I decide on an asset allocation strategy, and construct a suitable ETF portfolio?
- Are lazy portfolios as good as properly diversified ones?
- Should I use smart beta / factor ETFs?
- How and when should I rebalance my portfolio?
- How does the UK Tax system affect ETF portfolios?
- Are the problems of living off my portfolio in retirement (decumulation) the same as those of building up my portfolio in the first place?
- At the first meeting in February, I tried to answer as many of those questions as possible.
- You can find the notes here.
- The March meeting was organised around a presentation on how to build your own ETF portfolio.
- The April meeting looked at Portfolio Rebalancing.
- The May meeting examined Lazy Portfolios (constructed from just a few funds.
- The slides are here.
- The June meeting at UK Tax for ETF Investors.
- The slides are here.
The July meeting of the group looked at Decumulation & Retirement, and How To Spend Your Money.
The August meeting of the group will look at Smart Beta and Factor ETFs.
- You can sign up here.
Big Picture Investors
Immediately after the Passive Investing Club session, I’ll be hosting a meetup for active investors.
- You can read more about this new group – called Big Picture Investors – here.
The July meeting will look at the role of active investing in a diversified portfolio.
- And you can sign up for this meeting here.
Until next time.
Article credit to: https://the7circles.uk/decumulation-retirement-how-to-spend-your-money/